So are you tired from the usual routine and want to take a break and be with your family or are you a large group of friends looking for the most amazing night-out? Then hiking and camping is the best option for a recreational outdoor activity. Camping is very essential to teach you survival instinct. But what if you are caught in a dangerous situation? Then you would definitely need your backpack that is filled with the entire essential. I would ask you to first consult hikers and avoid unnecessary gear as it can increase your burden in the trip into the forest.
HERE IS A CAMPING AND HIKING GEAR GUIDE FOR YOU:
FOR THE CAMPERS:
1. Tents- Tents should be compact, waterproof and frame-less so as to help you travel light. Tents that come with a mosquito net are optional but prove to be bliss for you.
2. Sleeping bag- Use the right kind according to the climate. Always use a sleeping mat as well to protect yourself from the harsh cold ground.
3. Proper clothing- Use clothes that is light and quick. Keep extra towels, jackets and other clothes.
4. Water Purifying- You probably cannot carry a lot of clean water along with you so carry water purifying tablets which will make your work a lot easier. You can also carry small filters.
5. Solar charger- Keep all your gadgets charged using a solar charger.
6. First-aid kit- Keep a first-aid ready for any type of emergency. Cold compress pack, bandages, sterile wipes, dressing, adhesive tape, antiseptic cream/wash, plasters, painkillers and keep medicines that your doctor has prescribed.
7. Personal care items- Sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburns and also insect repellent creams. Pack up your essentials and also a heat powder.
1. Binoculars- During your hiking trips you can also get to see some birds flying around or animals at a distance. Always keep your binoculars ready so that you can get a proper view and enjoy your hiking trip.
2. Water bottle- To keep hydrated during the hiking trip keep a few water bottles ready.
3. GPS- Your smartphone may have an in-built GPS system but due to low battery life it wouldn’t be suitable for your hiking trip. Use a proper handheld GPS unit.
4. Trekking Poles- It is not really necessary but people who have a bad knee can use this.
5. Essentials- Keep extra clothes, your headlamp, knife, heat packs, lighter, torch and your first-aid kit in your pack.
So still thinking of something fun to do with your friends? What are you waiting for? Call up your best buddies and tell them about your amazing plans. Build a bonfire, sing favorite songs and dance to the soft music. Life is about learning, exploring and living it to the fullest. Pack your bag and whoopee you are ready to have the time of your life!
The history of India clearly reveals the absolute dominion of raja and maharaja for a very long period of time. Over generations of these kings have established their heritage in the form of royal forts. To witness there style and culture we have the forts and palaces of Rajasthan to keep their heritage alive. Rajasthan is the hub of such old yet beautiful forts or palaces.
The top 10 Fort Palaces of Rajasthan are:
1. Lake Palace Udaipur:
Built in 1743 this place is common known as jag niwas, is one of the best luxury hotels situated in Lake Pichola in the city of lakes Udaipur. The white marbles and the eccentric view make it the most romantic hotel. Many popular films have their shooting location at this very place some of them includes yeh jawan hai dewani and the jewel in the crown.
2. Hawa mahal, Jaipur:
The pink city of jaipur contains the palace of winds often called as hawa mahal. It was built by maharaja sawai pratap Singh. This major tourist attraction has around 953 windows and is a five storey building. The major inspiration behind this construction was for the women of the royal household, they could observe the streets while remaining unseen from outside. It is constructed in pink and red colored stones.
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur:
It the world’s largest private residence. Owned by maharaja gaj Singh, it is a magnificent taj palace hotel and a museum. There is a gallery of most exotic automobiles of the royals.
4. Rambagh Palace Jaipur:
It is a heritage hotel and one of the most luxurious royal palaces. It is the former palace of maharaja of jaipur. Conde Nast traveler magazine rated it as the best hotel in the world.
5. Laxmi Niwas Palace Bikaner:
It is a beautiful structure built up of red sandstone. This palace is owned by Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner. It is the most famous destination in Bikaner.
6. Devi Garh Palace:
It was initially the palace for the royal rulers of Delwara. It is one of the best luxury hotels (named by New York Times) and its location near the Aravalii hills adds up to its magnificence. It is located in the valley of Udaipur. It is so widely known that it is often referred as inspiring than beautiful. It is often referred as the best hotel on the subcontinent.
7. Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar:
Located on high hill this palace accounts for majestic views and scenic beauty. Built in 1986 it is among India’s oldest heritage resort.
8. Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer:
It is popularly known for its sand dunes as it is located near the great there desert. The name of this palace is inspired by desert and its stories. Grobandth is basically a harness that is used by desert women to decorate the camel owned by their husband. It is true essence and ambience of Rajasthan and precisely all modern day activities can be enjoyed to its fullest.
9. Udai Vilas Palace, Udaipur:
It is one of the magnificent palaces located near Udaipur in Rajasthan. It was originally built up in the 19 centaury hence making it one of the oldest palaces in that area. A private reserve forest and the beautiful gaibsagar lake add up to its beauty.
10. City Palace, Jaipur:
It is located slightly southwest of the center of the city. It is still a royal residence. It is also called the heart of Jaipur. City palace consists of several other buildings such as Mubarak mahal, Chandra mahal, etc. it consists of huge inner courtyard known as Pritam Niwas chowk. This courtyard has four gates which represent four seasons and Hindu gods.
Art, craft, folklore, folk Dane culture and even camels, these are all the attractions of the place, Rajasthan. The forts and palaces depict them all for you, the culture and tales of the brave kings and their lords. To come to the ancient heritage of India do visit these place, and become conversant with the history and magnificence of India.